Vladan Devedzic is a Professor of computer science at the Department of Information Systems and Technologies, FON - School of Business Administration, University of Belgrade. His major long-term professional goal is a continuous effort to bring close together the ideas from the broad fields of artificial intelligence and software engineering. To this end, his current professional efforts and research interests are oriented towards practical engineering aspects of developing intelligent educational systems on the Web. He also actively participates to several ongoing international and national research projects.
- 1995 - PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Belgrade, Serbia (ex Yugoslavia)
- 1988 - MS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Belgrade, Serbia (ex Yugoslavia)
- 1982 - BS in Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia (ex Yugoslavia)
- 1995-present - Department of Information Systems and Technologies, FON - School of Business Administration, University of Belgrade, Serbia (current position: Professor of computer science)
- 2002 - Department of Computer Science, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand (sabbatical - Erskine Fellow Visitor)
- 1985-1995 - "Mihailo Pupin" Institute, Belgrade, Serbia (Research Scientist, then Senior Research Scientist, and finally Sceintific Advisor in the field of intelligent systems)
- 1982-1985 - Institute for Nuclear Sciences, Vinca, Belgrade, Serbia (Research Scientist in the fields of microcomputer systems and data communication)
Knowledge modeling, ontologies, intelligent reasoning techniques, Semantic Web, software engineering, and application of artificial intelligence to education and healthcare.
The list below is not really up-to-date... For a more up-to-date version, please see here.
- D. Gasevic, D. Djuric, V. Devedzic, "Model Driven Engineering and Ontology Development", 2nd ed., Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York, 2009. (ISBN: 978-3-642-00281-6) (book info)
- V. Devedzic, "Semantic Web and Education", Monograph, Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York, 2006. (ISBN: 0-387-35416-6) (book info)
- D. Gasevic, D. Djuric, V. Devedzic, "Model Driven Architecture and Ontology Development", Monograph, Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York, 2006. (ISBN-10: 3-540-32180-2; ISBN-13: 978-3-540-32180-4) (book info)
- D. Djuric, V. Devedzic, "Magic Potion: Incorporating New Development Paradigms through Metaprogramming", IEEE Software, Vol.27, No.5, pp. 38-44, DOI: 10.1109/MS.2010.90 (draft, PDF)
- M. Devedzic, V. Devedzic, "Imagine: Using New Web Technologies in Demography", Social Science Computer Review, Vol.28, No.2, 2010, pp. 206-231, DOI: 10.1177/0894439309332661 (PDF)
- V. Devedzic, D. Gasevic, D. Djuric, "Clarifying the Meta", International Journal on Information and Communication Technology, IJICT, Vol.1, No.2, 2008, pp. 148-158. (draft, PDF)
- J. Jovanovic, D. Gasevic, C. Brooks, V. Devedzic, M. Hatala, T. Eap, G. Richards, "Using Semantic Web Technologies to Analyze Learning Content", IEEE Internet Computing, Vol.11, No.5, September/October 2007, pp. 45-53. (PDF)
- V. Devedzic, J. Jovanovic, D. Gasevic, "The Pragmatics of Current eLearning Standards", IEEE Internet Computing, Vol.11, No.2, May/June 2007, pp. 16-24. (draft, PDF)
- D. Djuric, V. Devedzic, D. Gasevic, "Adopting Software Engineering Trends in AI", IEEE Intelligent Systems, Vol.22, No.1, 2007, pp. 59-66. (PDF)
- M. Andric, V. Devedzic, W. Hall, and L. Carr, "Keywords Linking Method for Selecting Educational Web Resources a la ZigZag", International Journal of Knowledge and Learning, Vol.3, No.1, 2007, pp. 30-45. (draft, PDF)
- D. Gasevic, J. Jovanovic, V. Devedzic, "Ontology-based Annotation of Learning Object Content", Interactive Learning Environments, Vol.15, No.1, April 2007, pp. 1-26. (draft, PDF)
- D. Gasevic, D. Djuric, V. Devedzic, "MDA-based Automatic OWL Ontology Development", International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer, Vol.9, No.2, 2007, pp. 103-117. (draft, PDF)
- D. Djuric, D. Gasevic, V. Devedzic, "The Tao of Modeling Spaces", Journal of Object Technology, Vol.5, No.8, Nov-Dec 2006, pp. 125-147. (PDF)
- D. Gasevic, V. Devedzic, "Petri Net Ontology", Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol.19, No.4, 2006, pp. 220-234. (draft, PDF)
Click for more >
Click for more >
- IntelLEO - INTELLIGENT LEARNING EXTENDED ORGANIZATIONS (2009-2012) - A 3-year international ICT project, funded by the European Commission under its Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) (project No. 231590). It is a Specific Targeted Research Project (STREP) in the area of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL). The project objective is to develop intelligent technologies to support learning and knowledge-building activities in an Intelligent Learning Extended Organization (IntelLEO).
- DL@WEB - Enhancing the Quality of Distance Learning at Western Balkan Higher Education Institutions (2010-2013)
A 3-year international project, funded by TEMPUS agency (project SM 511126-2010), with the objective to improve the quality and relevance of distance learning (DL) at Western Balkan higher education institutions. This implies easier inclusion of partner country institutions into European Higher Education Area through improvement, development and implementation of accreditation standards, guidelines and procedures for quality assurance (QA) of DL study programs at national system levels in Western Balkan countries.
- OP4L - Online Presence for Learning (2010-2012)
A 2-year international project, funded by the European Commission within its SEE-ERA.NET PLUS program (project ERA 115/01), with the objective to provide support for advanced, context-aware Learning Process Management (LPM) within Personal Learning Environments (PLEs) as the increasingly important paradigm in online education. The project relies on using Social Semantic Web technologies to generate recommendations for learners, based on their current learning contexts and the state of online presence of members of their social graphs (i.e., network of online connections).